As computing becomes more ubiquitous in our objects, designers need to be more aware of how to design meaningful interactions into electronically enhanced objects. At the University of Washington, a class of junior Interaction Design majors is exploring this question. These pages chronicle their efforts.

Thursday, April 11, 2013

Always be knolling: Cannon Printer/Scanner

Knolled Cannon Pixma printer + Scanner

So for this knolling assignment I took on something somewhat ambitious - knowing I could
use the belts, motors and limit switch from a printer I chose to tackle a Cannon pixma
printer + scanner. I was confident it would have the most useful parts for use down the 
line, however I wasn't quite prepared for the sheer number of parts inside this thing. For
those of you interested in what it used to look like (because right now it's hard to tell) the photo below is what it used to look like — although the one I picked up for $6 at value village had seen better days, and a big glob of dried ink was a pretty obvious indicator of why it was there.



Original Cannon Pixma printer + Scanner (you'll need to add the wear and tear with your imagination)

No comments:

Post a Comment