As computing becomes more ubiquitous in our objects, designers need to be more aware of how to design meaningful interactions into electronically enhanced objects. At the University of Washington, a class of junior Interaction Design majors is exploring this question. These pages chronicle their efforts.

Saturday, June 13, 2020

Capsense Library Experimentation

After following the YouTube video and the Instructables video, I was able to successfully create a capacitive sensor using the Arduino. I was actually surprised by how simple it was. I first tried putting my wire against the metal portion of my scissors before closing my fist over the wire and seeing the serial monitor respond to that. I think that the capacitive sensor is a really useful tool and I plan to try using it in the future.

The code I used was the Capacitive Sensor Sketch example from the Capsense Library.


No comments:

Post a Comment