As computing becomes more ubiquitous in our objects, designers need to be more aware of how to design meaningful interactions into electronically enhanced objects. At the University of Washington, a class of junior Interaction Design majors is exploring this question. These pages chronicle their efforts.

Saturday, June 13, 2020

Final Prank Documentation

Annabel Lee
DES 325 

My computer just shut down and I can't seem to reopen Arduino; I keep getting a popup message that says that the application is not responding and forces me to quit the program. I also tried to use the browser version but still could not connect to my Arduino port. Arduino and I have a love-hate relationship... However, due to the sake of time, I will continue to share what I had in mind and my potential plan. 


Idea: My brother hates the song "All Star" by Smash Mouth. I would like to play it through Arduino an to wake him up while blowing a fan in his face.

What I need: 
  • Arduino Uno
  • Bread board
  • Jumper Wires
  • Ultrasonic sensor 
  • Fan Blade and motor
  • SD card reader*
*Turns out my kit doesn't include a SD card reader so I have to change it to a beeping sound. 
The Plan: I ended up using a buzzer module for our source of sound. 

I connected the wires, buzzer, and fan like so. 

My code:
const int buzzer = 9; //buzzer to arduino pin 9


void setup(){
 
  pinMode(buzzer, OUTPUT); // Set buzzer - pin 9 as an output

}

void loop(){
 
  tone(buzzer, 1000); // Send 1KHz sound signal...
  delay(1000000);        // ...for 1000 seconds muahahaha
  noTone(buzzer);     // Stop sound...
  delay(1000);        // ...for 1sec to stop hehe
  
}



Storyboard



No comments:

Post a Comment