As computing becomes more ubiquitous in our objects, designers need to be more aware of how to design meaningful interactions into electronically enhanced objects. At the University of Washington, a class of junior Interaction Design majors is exploring this question. These pages chronicle their efforts.

Saturday, June 13, 2020

Knolling a Film Camera


I decided to tear apart a Canon AE-1 film camera. The interesting thing is that a lot of the parts have to do with the processing of light through the lens itself which serves the primary part of the camera. Personally, finding which parts fall under sensor, processing and actuation was a little tough as I didn’t have an object to knoll but finding this teardown image was very helpful. I personally take a lot of film photography (but rely very heavily on my Leica point and shoot) and have never thought of what goes behind my camera. This knolling experience has allowed me to understand my camera better and am able to apply it to my photography.

No comments:

Post a Comment