As computing becomes more ubiquitous in our objects, designers need to be more aware of how to design meaningful interactions into electronically enhanced objects. At the University of Washington, a class of junior Interaction Design majors is exploring this question. These pages chronicle their efforts.

Thursday, April 5, 2012

Erin + Charissa Programming experiments

These are the two programs I'm hoping are able to be loaded onto the blog!

Here is the Puzzle, and here is the Hand!

Puzzle takes the basic program of Sprite and is modified through images I developed myself. The idea of a .gif image following the movement of the mouse is the same, the images are the only things that change.

Hand is a program named Transparency. This is probably where I played around with programming most, and manipulated the original program more extensively than Puzzle. My current objective is to figure out how to achieve the transparency effect (gradient changes in the background) but with two different objects. My first attempt was with a lightbulb and a hand controlling the gradients, but I had to settle with working only with one image in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment