As computing becomes more ubiquitous in our objects, designers need to be more aware of how to design meaningful interactions into electronically enhanced objects. At the University of Washington, a class of junior Interaction Design majors is exploring this question. These pages chronicle their efforts.

Sunday, April 3, 2016





For this processing assignment, I went with a pretty simple example. To be completely honest, there are still components of it that I don't understand how to alter, some that I couldn't figure out how to keep while altering other things. Ultimately, though, through fiddling around a bit I was able to create what I wanted, which is a drawing program essentially. The example mine stemmed from was called MovingOnCurves, and while it drew curves, they faded away. This fade is one of the components I was unable to figure out. I changed the shape and randomized the green input for the color of it. I messed around a little bit with the float step; this determined how many rectangles were drawn in between clicks (a closer click to the previous click made for a more constant shape). I also messed with the distance from where I clicked the line would begin and end. Instead of beginning where the previous one left off, the lines are drawn with space so it's more of a confetti effect than one constant line. A big piece I don't understand is how I was able to make it not fade away. I played around with everything and eventually found that making the fill under void draw be (0,0) did the trick.

No comments:

Post a Comment