As computing becomes more ubiquitous in our objects, designers need to be more aware of how to design meaningful interactions into electronically enhanced objects. At the University of Washington, a class of junior Interaction Design majors is exploring this question. These pages chronicle their efforts.

Sunday, April 3, 2016

Processing Experiment

For my first processing experiment, I used the example "Space Junk" - a set of floating cubes on a black background that would enlarge or shrink depending on the X position of the mouse. By moving the mouse from left to right, the cubes would enlarge and expand - creating a zooming in effect for the viewer.





I changed this program by first adding color to the background by changing the background(0); to background(#ABF4FC);. I chose the color by using the color selector function processing has. I then changed the color of the cubes and color surrounding them by changing the values in the pointLight function. I was able to change the size of the cubes and distance between them by changing the values in the new Cube function. Within this function, there were intervals that I changed the values of, which resulted in a more condensed cluster of cubes, with more variation in their size. Additionally, I changed the program so that the image would enlarge/zoom with a change in the mouse's Y position instead of the X position by changing the translate function's value of mouseX to mouseY.

No comments:

Post a Comment