As computing becomes more ubiquitous in our objects, designers need to be more aware of how to design meaningful interactions into electronically enhanced objects. At the University of Washington, a class of junior Interaction Design majors is exploring this question. These pages chronicle their efforts.

Sunday, April 3, 2016

Ying Zheng: Processing exercise

1. Move eye

In the original example, the box looks like it lifts as mouse's y-axis decrease. In my alteration, the box rotates with my mouse, and the lines extend with mouse's y-axis. First, I changed the lighting and camera angles. Then, I add transparency to the box so the rotation looks more obvious. After that, I make the lines extend with mouse's y-axis.
P.S. In this example, the square is not really rotating. In fact, the camera is rotating.

Original example


My version


The zip file for first example and my alteration



2. Rotate Push Pop

In this example, a box changes colors as it rotates and copies itself. In my alteration, I changed the box to a sphere. Then I changed the distance between each copy in order to show the rotation of each sphere, and I changed the sizes and the colors using the same variable of distance and rotation. After that, I add sphereDetail() to make the sphere grow more sophisticated each time it copies itself. Finally, if I press my mouse, all spheres will rotate faster.

Original example


My version


The zip file for second example and my alteration

No comments:

Post a Comment